September 8, 2009

Religion News for 9/8/2009

Greetings, readers! So I'm back from a hiatus and am considering today the launch of Religionography in earnest. As such, I will be doing my best to include several religion stories in a roundup, and write one longer meditation/feature/musing of my own. So, below is the first roundup. I hope you find something enjoyable and thought provoking.
  • WaPo writer Monica Hesse is under fire from both supporters and opponents of gay marriage. (GR)
  • Fr. Carl Kabat, an elderly Catholic priest who has spent years in prison for peace protests, hasn't given up. (NYT)
  • Sojourners is hosting a "justice revival" in Dallas during November. (Sojourners)
  • How heavy is your area on mortal sin? Check out the infographic from Wired and find out. (Wired)
  • The Evangelical Lutheran Church in America is moving towards ordination of gays and lesbians. (ELCA, Tammeus)

No comments: